- Overpopulation happens when there are too many people for the food and resources _________.
- (A)available (B) are available (C) being available
- Overpopulation can also happen where is a reduction of the food _________ on farms.
- (A)producing (B) produced (C) produces
- He predicted that those settlements __________their food supply in the future.
- (A)will outgrow (B) to outgrow (C) would outgrow
- They _______ that populations could grow if they could guarantee their food supplies.
- (A)pointed to (B) pointed at (C) pointed out
- The world has seen massive increases _____ its population in countries like China and India.
- (A)of (B) in (C) for
- We take food from countries in the southern half of the world to the large populations in the northern half, ___________ needed.
- (A)where it is (B) which is (C) where is
- It seems that Malthus is no more correct now_______ he was in 1978.
- (A)than (B) that (C) as
- Over the next two centuries, the world population increased __________by a factor of six, reaching six billion in 1999.
- (A)by a factor with six (B) by a factor of six (C) with a factor by six
- ________people, there has also been an expansion in the number of domestic animals.
- (A)Along with (B) Alongside (C) Beside
- The rapid increase in the number of people __________first by farming itself..
- (A)was possible made (B) was possibly made (C) was made possible
- Staying in one place with the guarantee of food meant more babies _________.
- (A)survived (B) survive (C) to survive
- This ________a population increase.
- (A)led to (B) leaded to (C) led in
- The green revolution applied scientific methods _______ farming and greatly increased yields.
- (A)to (B) for (C) in
- They say that the effect ______resources is not only due to increased population.
- (A)on (B) in (C) of
- More and more land is used to grow crops for animal ________.
- (A)food (B) feed (C) fed
- Several European countries, South Korea, and Japan now have very low birthrates that ______ population decline.
(A) point to (B) point at (C) point out
- Having a large number of children ___________a secure old age.
(A) provides with (B) provides for (C) provides of
- Americans consume 11 times more resources than people _________Southern Asia.
(A) living in (B) live at (C) living at
- In the time it ________ you to read this article, around 700 babies have been born.
(A) has cost (B) has taken (C) has spent
- It is time to_________and tackle this problem.
(A) facing reality (B) face reality (C) be faced reali